Broadening Horizons, Embracing Excellence
Our vision for Thomas Hinderwell Primary Academy is underpinned by four core principles and high expectations in all areas of school life.
Our aim is that all pupils are:
- Challenged and empowered to do their best and be their best at all times
- Valued and respected, and taught to treat others with respect and tolerance
- Resilient and independent students, with a love of learning and with the desire to succeed
- Confident and articulate communicators across a range of contexts
- These principles will underpin our curriculum and our school community. We will ensure that all children are nurtured, challenged and inspired so that they achieve the best outcomes during their time at our school and contribute positively to society.
Ethos and Values
At Thomas Hinderwell our aim is to provide a world class education to ensure that all pupils leave us in Year 6 with the skills, confidence and self-belief to propel them into the next stage of their lives.
Our staff work tirelessly to provide a curriculum that is not only engaging and challenging, but offers a diverse range of learning opportunities and experiences. This is underpinned by a strong emphasis on the development of our pupils’ social, emotional, spiritual and moral values, which is intertwined throughout everyday learning.
Our school day
8:45 – 8:50 - Doors open and close
8:50 – Start of the Day Activities (SODA) - Registration
9:00 – 10:00 - Session 1
10:00 – 10:45 - Session 2 Morning lessons – Session 1
10:45 – 10:55 - Break
10:55 – 12:00 - Session 3
12:00 – 13:00 - Lunchtime
13:00 – 13:15 - Registration and Independent Reading
13:15 – 14:55 – Session 4
14:55 – 15:10 – Collective Worship
15: 15 – End of the school day