The children are encouraged to wear school uniform as it promotes a feeling of identity and pride in the school.
Academy polo shirts, cardigans and sweatshirts are available from reception.
- Jade green school cardigan/sweatshirt with logo
- Trousers, skirt or pinafore. Black. (Skirts need to be on or just below the knee.)
- White Shirt (with a stiff collar) or polo shirt. (Shirts are optional this year but will become compulsory from Sept 2021.)
- Socks. Boys black. Girls white or black tights.
- Shoes. Full black shoe with robust sole (no trainers) Boots are not suitable.
- House coloured crew neck t-shirts with logo – Lighthouse requires a red t-shirt, Harbour requires a blue t-shirt, Castle requires a green t-shirt and Beach requires a purple t-shirt.
- Black shorts
- Black plimsolls or bare feet, for indoor dance and gymnastics
- Trainers for outdoor PE only
All jewellery to be removed by the pupil and they will need to be taped if they cannot remove them by themselves.
We expect a high standard of dress from Thomas Hinderwell Primary Academy children. We consider it important to show value and respect for our school family. Extremes of fashion in hairstyles or clothing are not suitable for general school wear.