The children are encouraged to wear school uniform as it promotes a feeling of identity and pride in the school.
Academy polo shirts, cardigans and sweatshirts are available from reception.
- Black skirt/trousers (not jeans)
- Green checked dress or black/dark grey shorts (summer)
- White polo top
- Jade green school cardigan/sweatshirt with logo
- White/black tights or socks
- Sensible black shoes (no trainers)
- No nail varnish or visible fake tattoos and, for health and safety reasons, no jewellery of any kind may be worn. If ears are pierced, small plain studs may be worn, but they must be removed before school on days when PE is timetabled (staff are not allowed to remove a child’s earrings).
- Plain white t-shirt
- Navy blue shorts
- Black plimsolls or bare feet, for indoor dance and gymnastics
- Navy blue tracksuit for outdoor activities
- All hair below the ears to be tied back
All jewellery to be removed by the pupil and they will need to be taped if they cannot remove them by themselves.
We expect a high standard of dress from Thomas Hinderwell Primary Academy children. We consider it important to show value and respect for our school family. Extremes of fashion in hairstyles or clothing are not suitable for general school wear.